The age of digitization in container transportation
As we always say, we are a company that adopts new tech trends and is always driven to catch up with the digitalization in the sector. Recently, we wondered what artificial intelligence would think about the industry we are related to.
Wouldn’t it be interesting to ask an AI about the AI? We had to fulfill our curiosity.
Based on quick research, we get that it’s an extremely necessary formation that produces logical results for almost every business, individual, industry, you name it. It’s in the form of chat and produces fast output.
It could be the moment content writers and academicians are waiting for; writing theses and countless blogs, which need many ideas and inspiration to prepare, will be easier with this kind of AI.
After our research and exploration of the software, we asked, ” What is AI’s place in the Maritime Transportation sector?” It came up with completely original content that has proven not to be plagiarism, and we can’t wait to share the result with you. This part of our blog was written entirely by an AI:
What are the benefits of AI in the maritime?
Artificial intelligence (AI) has the potential to play a significant role in the maritime transportation sector. Some examples of how AI is currently being used or could be used in this industry include:
- Autonomous Ships: AI-controlled ships can potentially reduce the need for human crew members, lowering costs and improving efficiency.
- Port Logistics: AI-powered systems can optimize the scheduling and coordination of ships, trucks, and trains to improve the flow of goods and reduce congestion in ports.
- Predictive Maintenance: AI-powered systems can analyze data from vessel sensors to predict when equipment is likely to fail, allowing for proactive maintenance and reducing the risk of breakdowns.
- Maritime Safety and Security: AI can be used to analyze data from cameras, radars, and other sensors to detect potential threats, such as piracy or smuggling, and to improve the overall safety of shipping lanes.
- Environmental Monitoring: AI-powered systems can monitor the ocean conditions such as climate change, fish stock, and water conditions and help with the efficient shipping route.
- Collision Avoidance: AI-enabled systems are used to predict the potential collision of ships and take actions accordingly to avoid it.
Using AI in the maritime transportation sector can improve efficiency, lower costs, and enhance safety and security.
What are the benefits of ShipsGo’s AI?
We got pretty acceptable answers to the question we posed to artificial intelligence. In this part of our blog, we will discuss how ShipsGo container tracking software can be useful for your business.
ShipsGo artificial intelligence is simply programmed to track all the containers in the world. As soon as you enter a container, bill of lading, or booking number in our system, ShipsGo AI collects real internet data, makes it meaningful, and presents it to you through your dashboard. Now, let’s examine how ShipsGo AI can be more meaningful for you.
- Demurrage Avoidance: ShipsGo alerts were created to be an effect on avoiding detention and demurrage cost by leading you to coordinate planning on your shipments according to their release dates and ETA’s.
- Operational Agility: With the ShipsGo API, you can inform your customers through automation and meet their demands on shipment tracking. No need for paperwork and lots of time. It’s a fast and effective way of supply-chain visibility.
- Environmental Monitoring: We show the CO2 emissions caused by each container transportation. Also, we are about to take more action on this matter. Through your ShipsGo dashboard, you will be able to support the projects that help the carbon balance in the world. The Carbon Offset option will be available soon.
- Sectoral Visibility: You can see the companies that provide port-to-port transportation and forwarding services. ShipsGo ocean service finder shows the shipping lines that can transport your containers and lists the freight forwarders providing services on the selected route to manage the whole transportation process for you according to their popularity and contact details. We also offer banner advertising areas that can be placed on the related routes under the service finder area.